Thursday, June 9, 2011

Avarakkai Soya bean koottu/Flat beans Gravy with Soya bean


I love Flat beans/Avarakkai very much, I buy lots of them in its season and cook curry & gravy often.
One of the recipe with flat beans that I do is arachuvecha koottu /gravy with any chickpeas. This time I tried the gravy with soya bean. It has all the flavors of coconut, coriander, peanut in the Flat bean and Soya bean & it makes yummy combo with rice and papad.
Ingredients:
Cut Flat beans - 2 cups
Soya bean - 1/2 cup(soaked overnight)
Moong Dal - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

For Tadka:
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds  -1 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Chana dal - 1/2 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Curry leaves - 5 -6

For grinding:
Red chilli - 1 (you can add more if you want it spicier)
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Chana Dal - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coconut - 1/4 cup

Method:
Pressure cook Flat beans, Soya beans and Moong dal together.

Fry and grind the ingredients given under 'For grinding'.

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add all the other ingredients under 'For Tadka'.
Now add the cooked beans and ground mixture into it. 
Add salt to taste. 
Let it cook altogether for 10 minutes.

Its all yours now. Its heaven when you eat with rice and Papad. Believe me!








16 comments:

  1. Kootu looks wonderful and inviting. Delicious preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very healthy and tempting recipe.. kootu looks perfect !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never make these beans with dal. New to me.
    Bookmarked it dear.
    Show and TEll
    Event Announcement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy nutritious and tempting kootu...fantastic and unique..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so delicious ! I too prepare it in the same way

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful kootu,healthy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and protein rich kootu, loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy n flavorful curry:-) Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH NO... are you done blogging??? I do hope not, as I love the look of your blog. Such a promising start... If you come back, or would like to contribute your back stock, I think you have terrific info to share...


    Greetings. This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details you d0. Great photos makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just looks awesome......very nice pics..... yum n delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Mango Juice Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

Water with your comments,I will grow this blog!!: